Careful, spoilers ahead
Samuel L. Jackson
- Peter not only has to cope with the death of a father figure and idol, but is unexpectedly put in the position of Iron Man’s successor. Pretty heavy stuff, and he deals with it as any kid in his situation might do: try to shun the responsibility
- Donnie Darko falls through another wormhole and melds with Doctor Strange! Woohoo!
- Exciting that they’ve started alluding to the Multiverse, but for me it’s more in hopes of a Spiderverse crossover than a lead up to Doctor Strange and the Really? That’s the Title You’re Going With?
- OK, I know it was all a farce, but Fury put all those resources into getting Peter to Prague and didn’t have the foresight to have like 50 water trucks standing by to defeat a lava monster?!
- There are too many explicit expositions in this film (the blip, the elementals, Mysterio’s revenge plan…). If there’s one thing I hate, it’s having the entire plot of a film handed to me
- This was a hard act to follow after Endgame, but even so, it doesn’t carry my hopes that Marvel is going to keep the hits coming. They’ll probably be better than the likes of Daredevil or the first Captain America, but the magic of this colossal project seems to be fizzling