Robert Downey Jr.
• Group action shot within the first two minutes!
• So much teamwork! Love the little things like Black Widow using Captain America’s shield or Vision wielding Thor’s hammer.
• Hardly any exposition needed for the beginning of the film. The Avengers have assembled and are going after Loki’s staff. Cool. Got it.
• Hawkeye has a backstory and funny/awesome inspirational speech to the Scarlet Witch.
• Wakanda is first introduced into the MCU. Okay, technically it was referenced in Iron Man 2 on a map, but Banner actually says the name and the team goes there and destroys half of one of its cities in this movie.
• Iron Man and Thor’s ominous visions provide just enough filler for Infinity War while also managing to further the plot within Ultron (Tony’s stubbornness to ‘make things right’ not only with Ultron, but preventing the massacre of his friends is what led to Vision’s creation, aided of course by Thor and his mystical cave-bath-premonition).
• James Spader plays a great Ultron.
• Where in the world did Banner and Black Widow’s relationship come from? The Winter Soldier made appear as if they were setting up Black Widow and Cap to become a thing, despite Romanoff’s constant suggestions of potential dates for him. Boo.
• Although kind of awesome both live-action Quicksilvers were nerdy fanboys in Kick-Ass, Evan Peters will always be the better one. Sorry Aaron, I still have trouble seeing you as anything but a skinny, voice-cracked high schooler in a green bodysuit.
• Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch’s hatred for Tony Stark was so strong, it made them the only survivors of the Mind Stone’s human enhancement experiments. Their whole life’s purpose was getting vengeance on him. I can understand wanting to save humanity from total annihilation, but just up and joining Iron Man’s team is a little weird to me. Not that the Scarlet Witch isn’t cool and all, just doesn’t make sense.
• The peril in each movie just has to outdo the last, doesn’t it? A city turned into a meteor? Creative, I’ll give you that. But what the fuck.